Thanks to Gill Pearl for sending us this information about an international conference for people with aphasia.
Where: Warwick Conference Centre, Coventry, England
When: Sunday 5 and Monday 6 March, 2017
Families, friends, aphasia and stroke organisations, and health professionals are also invited. People with aphasia have planned the conference and will chair the sessions.
The information will be presented in a way that is easier for people with aphasia. There will be support from therapists and students to help people to join in.
The following themes will be discussed
- technology and aphasia, learn and have a go
- increasing awareness of aphasia, and using social media
- sharing what’s happening about aphasia around the world
- support for carers of people with aphasia
- aphasia and the arts.
There will be an exhibition of products relevant for people living with aphasia
- Do something new, develop confidence, be inspired
- Learn from each other and share ideas
- Find out about new services and ways to help
- Meet people with aphasia from around the world!
If you want to find out more, contact Gill or Denise at