At the end of a recent training session, we asked the trainees to tell us how they planned to use Talking Mats as part of their work. Their comments were as follows:
- This tool will be useful in helping some residents make decisions, informed choices and express their needs. It will take time for some residents to feel confident in using this tool.
- I’d like to use it with some residents to be able to adapt Talking Mats more to their understanding.
- I’d like to use this tool for resident’s reviews to find out what the residents likes/dislikes are.
- Talking Mats will be great for service evaluation.
- Talking Mats will be great for asking residents about things they want to do.
- Updating Care Plans regularly from outcomes of Talking Mats.
- It can be used to get to know people’s needs and wishes more.
- Share the findings with colleagues and joint services.
- Hopefully through its use I’ll learn to pass it onto others.
- A gardening set. Service evaluation and well-being assessing stress levels/anxiety/emotional state?
- I’d use it to promote choices of activities.
- Care Inspectorate forms. Finding out how people enjoy time at the service and how to improve on it.
Can you let us know how you use Talking Mats as part of your work?