Talking Mats have over 200 dedicated Licenced Trainers across the world. Join our Community.
What is a Licenced Trainer ?
Being a licenced trainer allows you to train others to use Talking Mats. This can be in your own Organsiation, within a Partnership or as an Independent trainer.
How to become a Licenced Talking Mats trainer
To attend this course you need to have:
- Completed a Talking Mats Foundation training course.
- Demonstrate experience of using Talking Mats in practice by submitting 3 case examples and a short video of using Talking Mats with someone with communication difficulties.
- An in-depth knowledge of communication disability
- Good presentation and training skills
The course is delivered in 2 ways:
Face to Face – a 2 day, residential course held on the Innovation Park at Stirling University. This is a very interactive course with a high level of input from participants. Cost includes training materials, subscription for the Complete level of Digital Talking Mats, accommodation for one night and all meals. Cost £995.
- 17th – 18th May 2023
Online – consists of 4 sessions delivered via Zoom over 3 days. Each session is 3 hours long. Cost includes training materials and subscription for the Complete level of Digital Talking Mats. Cost £895.
- 21st, 22nd, 23rd February 2023
- 19th, 20th, 21st September 2023
You will be licenced to run the Talking Mats Foundation Training course which runs over 2 half days. There is a licence renewal fee each year and a small participant fee payable to Talking Mats for every person you train.
Places are limited, so make sure you apply soon! To apply for the Licenced Trainer course, please contact us at email@example.com.