Talking Mats have over 200 dedicated Licenced Trainers across the world. Join our Community.
What is a Licenced Trainer ?
Being a licenced trainer allows you to train others to use Talking Mats. This can be in your own Organsiation, within a Partnership or as an Independent trainer.
How to become a Licensed Talking Mats trainer
To attend this course you need to have:
- Completed a Talking Mats Foundation training course.
- Demonstrate experience of using Talking Mats in practice by submitting 3 case examples and a short video of using Talking Mats with someone with communication difficulties.
- An in-depth knowledge of communication disability
- Good presentation and training skills
The course is delivered in 2 ways
Face to Face – a 2 day, residential course held on the Innovation Park at Stirling University. This is a very interactive course with a high level of input from participants. Cost includes training materials, subscription for the Complete level of Digital Talking Mats, accommodation for one night and all meals. Cost £950. Please note all these trainings are suspended until 2022.
Online – consists of 4 sessions delivered via Zoom over 3 days. Each session is 3 hours long. Cost includes training materials and subscription for the Complete level of Digital Talking Mats. Cost £850
You will be licenced to run the Talking Mats Foundation Training course which runs over 2 half days. There is a licence renewal fee each year and a small participant fee payable to Talking Mats for every person you train.
Future course dates:
- 5th-7th October 2021 – online course
An application form needs to be completed please contact us for more details