Keep calm with Talking Mats and have a blether !
Congratulations to our 5 new accredited trainers from Edinburgh City Council , Lothian NHS, Perth Kinross Council and SENSE Scotland
We had a great two days working together, exploring the Talking Mats framework and thinking about skills in terms of training and implementation of the Mats. Lots of chat but some key thoughts emerged that are worth sharing
- Keep calm with Talking Mats and have a blether
- Talking Mats gives the thinker the power to say ‘No’
- Open questions create open dialogue
- Children do but don’t get enough time to say
- Recap; Talking Mats provide a visual summary of the conversation
- It is easy to feel drowned out by other voices Talking Mats keeps the focus on the person
- It is good to have 1 to 1 time and not just when things go wrong
- The health and being resource is a perfect fit for the outcomes focused approach
There were lots of exciting ideas for future projects and further blogs which will expand on these ideas a bit more. So watch this space as the new trainers develop their ideas more.
If you are interested in becoming an accredited trainer click here