Talking Mats topics
We’re always amazed to hear from people about the variety of topics they cover using Talking Mats –from how someone is managing their self care or domestic tasks, to arranging a wedding, or thinking about whats important at a funeral.
As a communication tool Talking Mats maximises a person’s capacity to reflect on a topic and express their view. It gives confidence in decision making.
Here are some other topics we’ve heard about recently.
- As a conversation tool in class
- Pupil voice in school improvement plan
- Client contribution to meetings and review day placement
- Operations e.g. gastrostomy
- Postural management
- Where to live
- Childs opinions in relation to GIRFEC
- Respite feedback/choices
- SW assessments
- Choices available within service
- Going somewhere new
- Problem solving ie horse riding, identifying the problem
- Eating and Drinking
- Keeping Safe
- Social Media
What do you want to talk about? There is no limit!