We’re always amazed to hear from people about the variety of topics they cover using Talking Mats –from how someone is managing their self care or domestic tasks, to arranging a wedding, or thinking about whats important at a funeral.
As a communication tool Talking Mats maximises a person’s capacity to reflect on a topic and express their view. It gives confidence in decision making.
Here are some other topics we’ve heard about recently.
- As a conversation tool in class
- Pupil voice in school improvement plan
- Client contribution to meetings and review day placement
- Operations e.g. gastrostomy
- Postural management
- Where to live
- Childs opinions in relation to GIRFEC
- Respite feedback/choices
- SW assessments
- Choices available within service
- Going somewhere new
- Problem solving ie horse riding, identifying the problem
- Eating and Drinking
- Keeping Safe
- Social Media
What do you want to talk about? There is no limit!