Thinking Ahead: opening up end-of-life conversations.
This advanced course is relevant to you if you:
- Have attended a Talking Mats foundation training and are experienced in using Talking Mats with adults
- want to extend your use of Talking Mats and consider its role and application to advance care planning
- want to discuss sensitive topics around end of life care
The cost of the course includes the Thinking Ahead Resource which includes 3 topic sets:
Affairs: Care and Treatment: Personal Values
For anyone who has previously attended a Talking Mats training you now have the option to attend our Advanced Course on Talking Mats and Safeguarding . This course will help you develop and enhance your use of Talking Mats in this area .
The cost of the course includes the Talking Mats Keeping Safe Resource – A powerful communication tool to help people reflect on how their lives are going; It supports safeguarding by allowing issues of concern to arise from broad discussion.
The course will:
- demonstrate its use through filmed examples of people using it
- discuss impact on people’s lives
- plan implementation and discuss the challenges of use
- show how using it not only improves quality of lives but saves services money
- Each participant will receive the full resource as part of the seminar
- Cost £80.00 excl VAT (including the full resource)
Talking Mats and Youth Justice Seminar – Stirling 17th April 2018
Addressing communication needs of people in youth justice is key to improving lives. The lack of attention to this is costly.
Attend if you are interested in:
– Youth Justice
– Hearing about good practice from both New Zealand and Scotland
– Networking with others in this field
– Hearing about current research
Morning seminar – Sally Kedge & Alayne Mckee from Talking Trouble in Aotearoa, New Zealand will present their work addressing the high levels of speech, language and communication needs experienced in youth justice settings.
Examples of good practice in Scotland will also be shared. The seminar will be chaired by Professor Richard Simpson (previous Justice minister)
The afternoon event will be run by the Justice Scotland CEN and include speakers focusing on recent research findings.
Twilight ASD Seminar 1st February – COURSE NOW FULL This is open to anyone who has a working knowledge of ASD and will:
- Help you to understand the stages towards an effective Talking Mat
- Explore how Talking Mats can link to different functions of communication
- Share practical adaptations to make the Talking Mats principles more meaningful.
- Cost £20.00 excl vat
Please contact us on 01786 479511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest or book a place below.