As a result of our research on communication disability we have developed a number of useful templates and resources which we wish to provide as ‘free stuff’ to anyone working with people with communication disability. They include:
- Talking Mats report template – this can be used to record your Talking Mats session and detail action points
- Talking Mats reflection template – this can be used to reflect on how the Talking Mats session went. It can be helpful to use it alongside the Talking Mats report template.
- Embedding TM in practice – this can be use to plan and record who you use Talking Mats with
- EFFC 2016 (Effectiveness Framework of Functional Communication) – this is a simple but helpful tool to measure the effectiveness of an interaction between 2 people. It’s particularly helpful if a video recording has been made of the interaction.
- Stirling Understanding Screening Tool SUST 2017 – this tool was developed in order to provide a quick way to gauge the comprehension level of adults with a communication difficulty.
- Visual CARE Measure – this is an adapted version of the CARE Measure which can be used to assess patients’ views assessment of practitioners’ communication and relational empathy abilities.
- Visual CARE Measure information sheet
- Paediatric CARE Measure – this is a shortened version of the Visual CARE Measure for consulting children and young people with cognitive difficulties, or children with communication difficulties.
- Paediatric CARE Measure information sheet
- Paediatric CARE Measure Guidance for AHPs
- Dementia Communication Difficulties Scal
- AAC service Evaluation script and symbols
- Do you want to think about your New Year’s resolution well here is a Resolution Talking Mat to use with friends and family resolution pics
- Impact – read what others have told us about the impact of Talking Mats training.
- Impact survey report from practitioners
- Report from CLCH: Read the impact report from Central London Community Healthcare
- 2017 Pamela Kennedy Voice of child: Pamela shares a poster she created highlighting ways to support the voice of the child in Enfield.
Tiphereth report : Tiphereth is an independent Edinburgh-based Camphill community for people with learning disabilities and other support needs.Practitioners share their experience of Talking Mats training.
- ASD guidelines These guidelines are to support people who want to teach people with autism how to use Talking Mats.