We offer a variety of training courses throughout the UK that are tailored to suit individual teams and/or organisations and that help them develop their services to people with communication disability.
Here is a blog that gives an organisations view on their bespoke Talking Mats training /thoughts-on-a-talking-mats-training-course/
We are committed to helping organisations embed the use of Talking Mats in their practice and offer 3 levels of bespoke training, which will include different degrees of input.
1. Training only – Talking Mats Foundation
No symbol resources are provided for the participants
2. Training with Symbol Resources – Talking Mats Foundation.
In addition to the foundation level training each participant gets a choice of one symbol set including 3 topics for each participant to use in their practice.
3. Enhanced Talking Mats training: embedding into practice
As per the foundation training with resources but in addition we provide a follow up training day to help staff reflect, refresh and extend the implementation of Talking Mats with their clients.
Some comments from training participants:
- Very worthwhile course, have learned a lot and will surely use the mats at work.
- Feel I could integrate this into everyday practice with stroke patients – goal setting, D/C planning etc.
- Thank you. Excellent training, very transferable skills and will benefit patients.
- Brilliant day! Feel more confident on how to go about tackling different topics.
- Being specific in the topic and phrasing questions openly, not only using Talking Mats.
- Inspiring. Thank you. Really useful WHO ICF framework and framework for thinking about people’s cognitive level. Useful to think about what we want to find out/asking
Please contact us for further information and to discuss your particular requirements.